Friday 12 August 2011

Added Value: Things found in books part six


Colourful book token - no date but I would guess 1950s? The illustration is by Gerald Parkinson and the design number is 49.  Does anyone collect old book tokens or is that a new collecting area yet to be discovered?



Found tucked inside this copy of The Chalet School reunion by E. M. Brent Dyer published in 1963.

How about you - what do you use as a bookmark? Have you ever found a forgotten bookmark?


The chalet school reunion is now sold, thank you for your interest.

2 comments:

  1. Deborah Hockenberry12 August 2011 at 21:42

    Hi Barbara,
    I love your blog! It brings back so many happy memories for me. Check out mine called The Bumpy Road at http://thebumpyroadtopublishing.blogspot.com. I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. barbaraannefisher12 August 2011 at 22:05

    Hello Deborah
    Thank you!
    I love the name of your blog ‘The Bumpy Road’ it just conjures up so many images!
    I am also amazed at your Harry Potter knowledge.
    following you too. Barbara

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comment. Thank you!
Barbara xx