Wednesday 10 August 2011

Foxglove Tales

In the little whitewashed cottage with the thatched roof, and 1666 over the doorway, there once dwelt a lady. The cottage was the neatest, prettiest, best-kept house in those days, with clipped yew hedges, and violets, sweet-williams, periwinkles and cowslips growing in the little garden, among apple-trees and cherries. At the diamond-paned windows hung white lawn curtains, decked with dainty frills, all as clean as a new pin, yet no one had ever seen a servant about the place!

Foxglove tales Pg. 20
By Alison Uttley



Update July 2016: The featured book is now sold. March House books closed on my retirement in 2015, but I am still happily blogging here at March of Time Books. Your visits are always appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower and I just wanted to say that I love the topic of your blog! Also, do you do vintage books for older children like the book Shipwrecked on Spider Island?

    Check out my blog http://thenovelstudent.blogspot.com/ and follow if you like it
    Lex

    ReplyDelete
  2. barbaraannefisher12 August 2011 at 09:02

    Hello Lex

    Thanks for following.

    I have lots of vintage books for older children (but not Shipwrecked on Spider Island - sorry) but stock is coming in all the time - so never say never.
    If I find a copy I will try to remember to let you know but also check out the website from time to time http://www.marchhousebooks.com/ to see if one comes in.
    I’m just going to call in at your blog now.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comment. Thank you!
Barbara xx