Saturday 20 August 2011

Two nice things happened to me today -


the first was this email;

Thank you for the quick response to my order for the book 'Bunkle Began It'.  I was most surprised it arrived so promptly and delighted with the service that you provided. I think you might be interested to know why I wanted the book. I am 75 years old and was given the very same edition of the book when I was 10 years old by my Godmother.  Unfortunately when I was in my young teens I was fostered and the house was extremely damp (no central heating in those days!) and my beloved book was thrown away covered in mildew.  I have thought about 'Bunkle' many, many times and hunted in second-hand bookshops, etc, for it over the years.  Then my grandchildren suggested I should try your Site - so a happy ending to the story, eh?  Which leaves me to say thank you once again.  It feels like a re-union with a very old but dear friend.

Then one of the dealers at our local book fair gave me a beautifully wrapped present – and it’s not even my birthday!

Sandra rang me a few days ago to say she had purchased a collection of children's books and to ask if I would be interested in any of them. It was a fairly standard collection but one title really stood out - Charlie the cat - it's more than 50 years since I last saw it but memories came flooding back.

I knew without a shadow of doubt that the cover illustration was a black and white cat holding a blue and white milk jug (my mum had the same milk jug when I was little).

When I got up this morning I knew I would be buying Charlie the cat for my own collection, but to be given it as a present was just lovely. As the email above says - It feels like a re-union with a very old but dear friend!

Thank you Sandra, you made my day!

4 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful compliments! I imagine more and more will send messages like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. barbaraannefisher20 August 2011 at 19:30

    Lovely of you to say so, thank you. I should change the title of this post to - three nice things happened to me today. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours is a wonderful site and the books are simply lovely, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. barbaraannefisher21 August 2011 at 11:02

    Thank you Claudine I love your blog too.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comment. Thank you!
Barbara xx